Sunday, July 8, 2018

Hannibal & Hamilcar


Since I haven't been gaming lately I thought I would share a few images of a new boardgame I supported on Kickstarter. Hannibal & Hamilcar is the 20th Anniversary edition of Mark Simonitch's award-winning card-driven war game of the Second Punic War. A labor of love, the game features new artwork and updated, streamlined rules that include a complete new game of the First Punic War, Hamilcar, complete with new naval rules.

I took some photos of the game "unboxed;" then I went to the Kickstarter campaign page and saw all the great photos of the components. . . so I borrowed a few of them to show off what a great looking game this is. And it is a "transportive" gaming experience, taking players back to the time of Rome vs. Carthage and Scipio vs. Hannibal.



One cool feature of the update is the inclusion of 40mm miniatures of all of the prominent generals of the conflicts, each an individual sculpt.




Card and counter art is top-notch.





And of course I had to have some of the extras. . .






 
The giant playing mat is printed two sides!

Go to the link I provided above to learn more about the game if you're interested. 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. No doubt, to be transformed into a campaign system for war-games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know. . . that was the intention. . . but I'm storing up some thoughts on the subject for a subsequent post. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete