Sunday, September 27, 2026

The Xindi are here!

 
 
Earth and her Allies have their Red Alert foes now. Here's the previous post explaining the plan. The Xindi, from the Star Trek: Enterprise universe are a consortium of 4 distinct races: Aquatics, Insectoid, Primate and Reptilian.
 
First up are the Aquatics.
 

 

 
The large Cruiser is an Eaglemoss model; I added an "iridescent" coating to augment the paint finish. It is not even close to an accurate 1/2500 scale. Actual scale size should be about 18" long - over 1000 meters long "in real life" - versus the 4.5 inches of this model but it looks fine as a Cruiser for Red Alert. 
 

 
The smaller Destroyers are Star Trek: Attack Wing models that I repainted to match the Cruiser. Similar to the Cruiser (same ship, different scale) but different enough to represent the two classes.
 
 
Next up are the Insectoids.
 

Eaglemoss does make an Insectoid model but it is closer to 1/000 scale. It is too large and obviously not the right scale, so I found a resin model kit by Design Anomaly at the right scale and size. 
 

I found two models, actually, and built and painted them according to canon. The decals provided are very nice. The models are just a bit large for a standard Destroyer but too small to be a Cruiser, so I may play them as Heavy Destroyers in the game. The fighters are from Studio Bergstrom.
 





 
Eaglemoss makes a Primate ship model. It is about one and a half times bigger than it should be for 1/2500 scale but it works really well as a Red Alert Cruiser and could even  be used as the Xindi Flagship. The fighters are from Studio Bergstrom again, painted to match the Eaglemoss model.







 
Last but not least, as they are the largest Xindi faction I built, are the Reptilians. 
 

I started with two Eaglemoss models as Cruisers; again a little larger than canon at 1/2500 scale but still workable.
 


 
The Destroyers are Star Trek: Attack Wing models I repainted to match the Eaglemoss Cruisers. Like the Aquatics, the Attack Wing models are a smaller scale version of the Eaglemoss ship but the design approaches make them look more like different size vessels from the same "shipyard."
 


The fighters are from Studio Bergstrom. 
 


 
Now we're ready to play some games!

No comments:

Post a Comment