Sunday, October 30, 2016

New Dungeon Tiles!


Made ya look! Construction is underway at Castle FusterCluck. 

Since I can't get to any of my projects, I've been doing some rules research. I am currently fascinated by THW's Nuts Big Battle rules. I like the scale (company-sized battles) and the relatively marker-free environment. I think they would work great for micro-armor; I'd just have to adapt for early North Africa. 


I'm also quite taken with THW's Future Tales; pulp action in a science fantasy universe. For Barsoom, of course. . . who knows if Modiphius will ever actually get to the miniatures rules.




See ya!

6 comments:

  1. The cover for Future Tales really is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I haven't been a fan of THW/Nuts series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Gordon. It is a nice cover; in the feel of the classic pulps! The game itself is less a wargame and a little more RPG. I like the way it moves from one "scene" to the next and though it is not designed for any one particular literary world, really evokes the feel (for me) of the SPI game "John Carter" published in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Baron. I'll let you know what I think of it after I actually play it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your review of Nuts! Big Battles after you play a game or two. We had high hopes for using our Flames of War armies with these rules rather than being just dust collectors. It did not strike anyone's fancy, I am sad to say, so the armies went right back up on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dale. Thanks for your comments on N!BB. Gonna try to get in a game or two over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete